Sucro’s success was all about Founder & CEO, Jonathan Taylor’s relentless pursuit of meeting the increasing needs of customers.
The sugar industry has been consolidating and limiting capacity expansion for years, despite the growing complexity and needs of food and beverage manufacturers. Mr Taylor recognized the market opportunity for a smaller, integrated, more flexible sugar refiner to provide innovative supply chain solutions.
The new company would do what others had not; it would lead through innovation and reinvestment, finding improvements throughout the entire supply chain. Through sheer determination and tenacious leadership, Mr Taylor has led Sucro to becoming the fastest growing sugar company in the North American sugar market, with plenty of growth ahead driven by exciting new projects.
Our mission is to be the leading alternative integrated sugar supplier in North America, leveraging our processing footprint and strategic partnerships to fully service sugar users.
— Jonathan Taylor, Founder & CEO
Jonathan Taylor’s determination was molded during his modest upbringing in Mexico. His dedication to education would lead him to graduate with an economics degree from Cornell University.
Taylor’s career would soon lead him to the soft commodities industry where he gained 15+ years in sugar trading experience before starting Sucro. Taylor’s pride in his heritage inspired him to solicit Sucro’s certification as a minority-owned business in order to help grow the role for supplier diversity. Sucro is one of 13,000 U.S. businesses certified withThe National Minority Supplier Development Council Inc® (NMSDC®) offering products, services and solutions to companies committed to advancing minority-owned suppliers.
Launched in 2014, the Miami-based company has demonstrated significant growth creating value for customers, through continuous process innovation and supply chain re-engineering.
Strategically innovative investments have secured Sucro’s growth in the U.S. and abroad with operations in western NewYork, Illinois, Georgia, Ontario, Mexico, the Caribbean and South America.The company’s success is attributed toTaylor’s partnership with a highly qualified management team and key Directors who boast deep roots within the sugar industry, providing expertise and trusted leadership within the market.
Sucro is motivated to achieve further success, continuing to be a responsive listener to customers and a bold and innovative disruptor within the sugar industry.
Founder & CEO
- 15+ years of sugar trading experience (Formerly at large trading conglomerates)
- Since 2014, sucessfully developed Sucro from ground up to a $400M business
- B.A. Cornell, 2003
Vice President and Head Trader
- MSc University of Bristol
- Over 15 years of commodity experience, with BP in London, Czarnikow Group Ltd in London,
- Establishing Czarnikow in the Americas as Head Trader for Czarnikow Sugar Inc.
Managing Director, SweetLife Services
- 13+ years of US Food Manufacturing, Distribution, and M&A Experience
- President of Amerikoa Ingredients
- US Army Ranger, Engineer Captain; 2001 – 2009
- M.B.A, University of Illinois
Vice President, Sales & Operations – Canada
- Joined Sucro in 2020 as Vice President, responsible for the Hamilton, Ontario and Lackawanna, NY operations.
- 25+ years experience in the food and beverage industry including 20 years in sugar/sweeteners.
- Executive level experience in Sales, Operations and Supply Chain.
- 15+ years experience in the financial services industry, with expertise in compliance and internal controls
- Joined Sucro in 2018, with transformational impact in cap structure and funding costs
- J.D., Upenn, 2006
- 30+ years of North American sugar experience
- CEO of Streamline Foods 2002 – 2012
- Sr. Vice President & General Manager Redpath Sugar 1990 – 2001
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto
- Former president & CEO of Domino Foods, Inc, 2001 – 2019
- Former ViceChairman, Chairman’s Advisory Council of Grocery Manufacturer’s Association
- Former Board Chairman of Sugar Association
- Past President of International Sugar Club
- Dyer Memorial (2019) Sugar Man of the Year
- Former Senior Managing Director/ Executive Director at Macquarie Bank Ltd in NY
- Responsible for establishing a Structured Commodity Finance Division at Macquarie
- MBA from Institut d’études politiques de Paris (Science Po)
- Served as Director on several Boards: Coffee, Sugar and Cocoa Exchange, Macquarie Futures USA Inc, and Macquarie Commodities LLC.
- Over 35 years of experience in accounting, finance, M&A and governance matters
- Corporate director on various boards and has been a director and board advisor to various mining and technology-related public and private companies,
- Several senior executive roles with mining companies, most recently as Senior Vice President, Business Administration at Yamana Gold
- Experienced global business executive
- Currently runs his own private investment company, Canz Capital Ltd. and sits on a Thought Leader’s Group for New Zealand’s Ministry for Primary Industries
- Has served as a Director for global agribusiness Bunge Ltd in New York and as a Director of George Weston Ltd. in Toronto.